16 April 2008

Happy Holidays

I never really thought I'd be singing "Winter Wonderland" in mid-April, but that's exactly what happened a few days back. Ed woke me up with all the excitement of a small boy on such a snow day, but I took one look, then took a few pictures to document and headed directly back to bed for the rest of the morning. Nice to look at, sure. To walk in: most assuredly not, goodnight. YAY SPRING, you lazy!




That's a solid few inches, right there. Swear to Bob!




It didn't stick through the afternoon however, which is perfect because lo, a march into town for foodstuffs was due. Sweet. And check out those tulips! Such stubbornness is totally appropriate in MY garden. I didn't even plant them, they just sprung up on their own and have somehow kept up the will to survive. Now hold onto these thoughts, because in my next post I'll show you what the weather was like a mere week later. My advice? Pack your bags for roughly a dozen different seasons...

2 comments:

Michael and Lisa Sumner said...

Love the tulips! Gma doesn't stand a chance in this weather. I told her to bring everything warm she owns.

Michael and Lisa Sumner said...

You really could use and update. :)