04 August 2008

To Eastbourne

Last weekend Ed and I ran off to Eastbourne, a small city on the Southeast coast. Most people are familiar with its big sister, Brighton, which is a short trip West. We wanted to chill out, eat some really ace codfish and wave at some waves. Unfortunately the previous week's weather was a complete tease and we were taunted by gray skies and light sprinkles. This being England, crummy weather is forgivable.


Less forgivable was the carpet of rancid food and trash left around the main pier by an anonymous but absolutely massive community bar-be-que. It saddened us but we certainly didn't let it put a damper on our holiday.

2733269140_a08b2e885b


2733280096_1b367afc2d


2732449539_c935f42173


2733266350_cc25b61946


DSCF1618


DSCF1596


DSCF1601


2733287568_b62af61def


2732456293_3b0664f4e1


DSCF1620


2732460475_583d30bbe6


_PAS1350




Now this is a party. Colorful, bouncy and smelled of lovely exotic spices. Too bad there were no proper trash bins, and shame nobody seemed to care.


DSCF1603


DSCF1602


DSCF1604

2 comments:

Michael and Lisa Sumner said...

Finally- a post! And a good one it is, too. Ed's pictures are fab. I especially love the musical gorilla. Glad you had a good time!

KcD said...

Actually, both Ed and I took these. Since it's my blog, I'm going to use mostly pictures I took myself... it feels more authentic that way.